Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hate It Or Love It

From Chicago to Minnesota, please welcome Joe Crede.

What will this mean for our favorite "tiny superhero" Nick Punto? I'm nervous just thinking about it. Meanwhile, this is pushing aside Brian Buscher and Brendon Harris. Is that really what we want? I'll be the first to admit that Crede spent a limited amount of time on my fantasy baseball roster last year, but I still didn't really cheer for him, I just needed someone to replace Chipper Jones when he wasn't playing. AND! Not only will Harris's and Buscher's playing be stunted, but I thought we were a team about developing new players, not signing former White Sox players. They take our cast-offs (see: A.J.).

Maybe this will be a good move, but honestly, I have serious doubts about how fast Crede jerseys will be flying off the shelves. Gardy seems hopeful about the one year deal. It comes with a $2.5 million base salary and the possibility of $7 million. To learn more, click here.

We'll see what happens. Our first official Spring Training game is in less than 4 days.

No comments: