Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bag of Balls

Torii Hunter Torii Hunter #48 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim pushes catcher Ivan Rodriguez of the New York Yankees after being tagged out on September 8, 2008 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California.  The action triggered a dugout clearing brawl.



Torii did what?! Listen, I know that has absolutely nothing to do with the Twins, but it's definitely worth noting. And seeing as Torii was my first ever secret-baseball-husband, I felt the need to include it.


Moving on.... Let's recap!


The Twins are 7-3 in their last 10 games and are now only .5 games behind CHW. Our boy J. Morneau is still out, but the rest of the boys are picking up the slack. Let's talk for a second about these 2 fellas... 






I'm talking, of course, about Danny Valencia & Jason Repko


First of all, Valencia is batting .333 in 132 at bats this year. This guy is stellar, as of yet. I mean, I don't think I'd go as far as to say that he's all-star material, but let's face it- we need someone like him in the infield. As much as I absolutely love Nick Punto, we all know he's not exactly an offensive threat. He probably never will be. Ever since we lost our boy Koskie, we've desperately needed help at 3rd. Maybe Valencia will be our full time replacement of Punto/Crede/Koskie/MyMom. 


Dear Danny Valencia- 


You're younger than I am. Our batting averages are similar, except that yours is relevant in Major League Baseball and mine is relevant in a co-ed kickball league. Still, we share a lot of the same loves; The Minnesota Twins, high socks, 3rd base... I think you know where I'm going with this. Point being, keep up the good work. I like you.


And then, when I'm not even paying attention - Jason Repko appears out of nowhere. Who are you? I know, I know, I started asking this question like 2 months ago when he made his debut with the Twins, but I'm still not quite sure where he came from. 


Dear Jason Repko-


You hit like absolute shit with the Dodgers and then you come here and BAM!- 3 HR in 51 at bats. You're averaging .314 with us this year, and I'm pretty freaking impressed. Not to mention, this catch; totally reminding me of sweet, sweet, Torii Hunter. Let me just say that I really appreciate you helping out while our entire roster is a complete cluster. I like you, too.


We're more than 2/3 through with the 2010 season and things are getting heated in the American League Central. Next up, a 3 game series with the White Sox. It's going to be incredibly satisfying to see A.J. get his Pierzynski kicked. I hate you A.J. I really, really do.





I think that about sums it up for now.

No comments: