Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Truth About Love

Things I love include (but are not limited to)

1. Twins baseball
2. Sweatpants
3. Hooded sweatshirts
4. Oreo Cookies
5. Bananas
6. Cheesecake

Two days ago, as I was perusing my local grocery store, I ran into this:

Oreos with baseball designs

I don't know if life has ever been better than eating these Oreos, with the exception of eating them while watching a Twins game. 

Things to note: 

1. Twins are up 4.5 games on CHW
2. Nick Blackburn is back in the rotation and pitched quite well yesterday. He threw 8.2 innings, allowing 2 hits, giving up 2 walks and striking out 6. 
3. I found toppers for my wedding cake



Some other things that I think we all need to keep in mind is that when we make it to the post-season  (and we will make it to the post-season), there's a good chance we won't make it past the first round. Please don't be upset with me for saying this. The Minnesota Twins are pretty known for this kind of performance. With the way the standings are looking right now, we'll be playing either New York or Tampa Bay, and let's face it - those are good teams. Let's consider the recent history of the Twins in the post-season:

2002: 
ALDS: Minnesota vs. Oakland Athletics = Minnesota wins 3 games to 1
ALCS: Minnesota vs. Anaheim Angels = Angels win 4 games to 1

2003: 
ALDS: Minnesota vs. New York Yankees = Yankees win 3 games to 1

2004: 
ALDS: Minnesota vs. New York Yankees = Yankees win 3 games to 1

2006:
ALDS: Minnesota vs. Oakland Athletics = Athletics win 3 games to 0

2009: 
ALDS: Minnesota vs. New York Yankees = Yankess win 3 games to 0


Clearly, making it to the post-season has not been an issue for the Twins over the past 10 years. 
We've made it there 5 times. The issue lies in making it past the ALDS. 3 of 5 times we've been 
knocked out by the Yankees, once by Oakland and once by the Angels. We'll see how this goes, 
I guess.



No comments: